The News, The Stories, The Events, The Gossip. Lifestyle.. Non Stop Entertainment...

Wednesday 26 March 2014

On 20:57 by Unknown   No comments




 

There have been rumours and counter rumours that former Minister of Information and Communications, Prof. Dora Akunyili was down with a life threatening ailment, that she was bedridden and that all hope is lost on her recovery.

But after CKN Nigeria reached out to the Prof who is a delegate to the National Conference going on in Abuja, this is her reply to her inquiry on her state of health.

 I AM WELL, FIT AND READY FOR THE NATIONAL CONFERENCE - PROF. AKUNYILI 
Thank you for your enquiry. There is a saying in Igboland that goes this way: “Let the sickness take the flesh but leave the bones because with time the bones would grow new flesh.”

I just came out of a major sickness, for which I thank Almighty God for delivering me. I know that God did that for a purpose, this National Conference being part of that purpose. I am well now but only need time to put on more weight. However, I am strong enough for this Conference and I look forward to collaborating with other delegates to chart the way for a better Nigeria. 

Thank you.
PROF. DORA AKUNYILI, OFR
National Conference Delegate
Fmr Minister of Information & Communications
Abuja, March 24, 2014
  

0 comments:

Post a Comment