Wednesday, 26 March 2014
On 20:57 by Unknown No comments


There have been rumours and counter rumours that former Minister of Information and Communications, Prof. Dora Akunyili was down with a life threatening ailment, that she was bedridden and that all hope is lost on her recovery.
But after CKN Nigeria reached out to the Prof who is a delegate to the National Conference going on in Abuja, this is her reply to her inquiry on her state of health.
I AM WELL, FIT AND READY FOR THE NATIONAL CONFERENCE - PROF. AKUNYILI
Thank you for your enquiry. There is a saying in Igboland that goes this way: “Let the sickness take the flesh but leave the bones because with time the bones would grow new flesh.”
I just came out of a major sickness, for which I thank Almighty God for delivering me. I know that God did that for a purpose, this National Conference being part of that purpose. I am well now but only need time to put on more weight. However, I am strong enough for this Conference and I look forward to collaborating with other delegates to chart the way for a better Nigeria.
Thank you.
PROF. DORA AKUNYILI, OFR
National Conference Delegate
Fmr Minister of Information & Communications
Abuja, March 24, 2014

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search
Popular Posts
-
There were unconfirmed reports over the weekend that actor Saidi Balogun had dragged his ex- wife actress Fathia Balogun to court over the...
-
The Police Command in Borno on Friday denied reports of suspected Boko Haram insurgents attack on the University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID) c...
-
Pelly Davies is an Ibadan Based Rapper and singer, whose name is synonymous with Success… This track, #INTERLOCALLY is his second offi...
-
A source close to top guns in the Academic Staff Union Of Universities (ASUU) has told Amenbovillage the lecturers will ditch their four m...
-
The remains of the second daughter of Nobel Laureate Professor Wole Soyinka, Iyetade Soyinka was laid to rest today Friday January 10t...
Powered by Blogger.
0 comments:
Post a Comment