Thursday, 12 December 2013
On 21:32 by Unknown No comments
Opral Winfrey is undoubtedly one of the most powerful and influential women that ever lived, and in an exclusive interview with Hollywood Reporters, she revealed why she has never had children. Opral who is worth well over $2.9 billion from her vast business empire which includes the TV network OWN, O magazine and The Oprah Magazine, a production company Harpo, amongst others says that:
"If I had kids, my kids would hate me," she told the paper, "They would have ended up on the equivalent of the Oprah Show talking about me; because something [in my life] would have had to suffer and it would’ve probably been them."
"I was day dreaming about how I could be Martin Luther King' hence kids were out of the picture. She further discussed her struggles launching her TV network OWN, her financial success and reports she suffered a nervous breakdown in 2012, "I never had a nervous breakdown," she explained, "I thought that was such sensational exploitation."
"When you're the most successful person in your family, in your neighborhood and in your town, everybody thinks you're the First National Bank,' she says, "And you have to figure out for yourself where those boundaries are.She adds: "I got to the point where nobody ever asked me for anything less than $5,000. I felt pressured for a long time to say yes, because I thought, "I can't lie and say I don't have it.
"My salary is printed in the paper,"' I've bought more houses and cars than I can even tell you."
Hmmm...talk about paying the price for being so amazingly successful...but is that all there is to life without kids? #Justsaying!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search
Popular Posts
-
There were unconfirmed reports over the weekend that actor Saidi Balogun had dragged his ex- wife actress Fathia Balogun to court over the...
-
The Police Command in Borno on Friday denied reports of suspected Boko Haram insurgents attack on the University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID) c...
-
Pelly Davies is an Ibadan Based Rapper and singer, whose name is synonymous with Success… This track, #INTERLOCALLY is his second offi...
-
A source close to top guns in the Academic Staff Union Of Universities (ASUU) has told Amenbovillage the lecturers will ditch their four m...
-
The remains of the second daughter of Nobel Laureate Professor Wole Soyinka, Iyetade Soyinka was laid to rest today Friday January 10t...
Powered by Blogger.

0 comments:
Post a Comment