Monday, 2 December 2013
On 16:19 by Unknown No comments

Mrs Joy Ifije, the widow Gov Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State told to 'Go and die' has been offered employment and a sum of N2million grant for her to get a shop and trade. The governor invited Mrs Ifije to the government house yesterday. The governor said:
"When you put your things on the road a vehicle can run into you and they have killed some people like that and that was why I said if you are a widow do you want more people to be widowed? But when I said go and die, that one was said in a fit of anger. And I am really sorry”
“I want you to join us. We would employ you and pay you salary. You would help us to campaign to other women not to trade on road sides. We should not use poverty as a yardstick.
"In addition to working with the War Against Indiscipline, I am also giving you the sum of two million naira so that you can hire a shop, trade inside the shop and not roadside and I pray that God will bless your decision on how you utilize the money. This money is not for you to share or distribute but to help you as a working capital”.
He also shared a cup of coffee with her
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search
Popular Posts
-
There were unconfirmed reports over the weekend that actor Saidi Balogun had dragged his ex- wife actress Fathia Balogun to court over the...
-
The Police Command in Borno on Friday denied reports of suspected Boko Haram insurgents attack on the University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID) c...
-
Pelly Davies is an Ibadan Based Rapper and singer, whose name is synonymous with Success… This track, #INTERLOCALLY is his second offi...
-
A source close to top guns in the Academic Staff Union Of Universities (ASUU) has told Amenbovillage the lecturers will ditch their four m...
-
The remains of the second daughter of Nobel Laureate Professor Wole Soyinka, Iyetade Soyinka was laid to rest today Friday January 10t...
Powered by Blogger.
0 comments:
Post a Comment